The Indigenous Literacy Foundation is proud to be the charity of choice for Byron Writers Festival for the seventh year running. We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help represent our Foundation and help us raise funds to close the literacy gap in remote Australia.
Tasks will include:
- Circulate with ILF donation boxes and accept donations. Be confident and polite with approaching festival patrons.
- Responding to basic queries about who we are and what we do (full training and information will be provided) - give out brochures and other information.
- Assist with the set up and pack down of our stall (brochures, posters, books) if required.
We kindly request that you commit to at least two shifts from the below:
- Friday 2 August Morning 8:30am – 1:00pm and Afternoon 12:30pm – 5:00pm
- Saturday 3 August Morning 8:30am – 1:00pm and Afternoon 12:30pm – 5:00pm
- Sunday 4 August Morning 8:30am – 1:00pm and Afternoon 12:30pm – 5:00pm
So why should you volunteer?
- Help level the playing field for Indigenous children in remote communities
- Meet other likeminded people with an interest in books and supporting Indigenous literacy
- Free pass to the festival for every day you volunteer (lunch included)
Please apply through Go Volunteer before 19 July to express your interest. Email or call 02 9280 0644 if you have any questions.
All applicants will be required to provide their full name, postal address, contact phone number, email address, t-shirt size (we offer a unisex S, M, L, XL or XXL) and availability (as per the above shifts).
If you enjoyed reading this article, subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter. We'll keep you updated with the most current stories of our work in remote communities, as well as upcoming events you could participate in. SIGN UP