We're excited to share an exciting new opportunity to work with us in our Programs team. Full details and application instructions below.
LITERACY PROGRAM MANAGER
Sydney based full-time role with travel to remote communities
Educator / Teacher / Librarian / Early Learning / Project Manager
Not-for profit salary packaging and benefits with relocation allowance
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identified position
Full-time role managing the literacy-based programs for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation (ILF). The ILF is a not-for-profit charity whose charter is to raise literacy levels in remote Indigenous communities across Australia. Work with a dedicated and well-respected small team to create positive outcomes throughout Australia.
• Deliver ILF’s core literacy programs.
• Identify opportunities to address literacy needs within remote communities.
• Prepare detailed reports/ proposals for such programs for the Board’s approval.
• Manage the delivery of approved projects with the communities.
• Organise field trips/ workshops for ambassadors and key stakeholders which form the basis of creating new books.
• Act as spokesperson and advocate in the broader community.
• Manage and mentor program supervisors.
• Proactive, energetic, highly motivated, organised with practical project management skills.
• Personal interest in increasing literacy levels throughout Australia.
• Excellent written and spoken communication.
• Ability to initiate and develop partnerships.
• University qualification in related field.
• Experience working in remote communities.
• Must hold a current drivers licence and have a Working With Children and police check.
• 9am – 5pm with flexibility; immediate start; full-time.
• Close to Broadway, Sydney.
All interested candidates are requested to send their CV with a cover letter addressing the Personal Attributes above, indicating your Indigenous heritage, and names of two referees to Kirsten at email@example.com.
Applications close 8 February 2019.