New Position Available: ILF Literacy Program Manager
We're excited to announce a fantastic new opportunity to work with us. Details below including instructions for application.
LITERACY PROGRAM MANAGER
- Sydney based full-time role with travel to remote communities
- Educator / Teacher / Librarian / Early Learning / Project Manager
- Not-for-profit organisation
- $80,000 plus not-for profit salary packaging and benefits
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
- Full-time role managing the literacy-based programs for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation. Work with a dedicated and well-respected small team to create positive outcomes throughout Australia.
- Deliver ILF’s core literacy programs.
- Identify opportunities to address literacy needs within remote communities.
- Prepare detailed reports/proposals for such programs for the Board’s approval.
- Manage the delivery of approved projects with the communities.
- Organise field trips/workshops for ambassadors and key stakeholders which form the basis of creating new books.
- Act as spokesperson and advocate in the broader community.
- Manage and mentor program supervisors.
- Proactive, energetic, highly motivated, organised with practical project management skills.
- Personal interest in increasing literacy levels throughout Australia.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Ability to initiate and develop partnerships.
- University qualification in related field.
- Experience working in remote communities.
- Must hold a current drivers licence and have a ‘working with children’ and police check.
- 9 – 5pm with flexibility; immediate start; full-time
- Close to Broadway
- All interested candidates are requested to send their CV with a cover letter addressing the Personal Attributes above, and two referees to Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 1 December 2018.
If you enjoyed reading this article, subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter. We'll keep you updated with the most current stories of our work in remote communities, as well as upcoming events you could participate in. SIGN UP