The Indigenous Literacy Foundation works as an initiative of the Australian Book Industry with the support of:
Australian publishers have provided enormous help and support for our project for many years. Here are some ideas on how you can get involved:
- Register with the ILF to become a supporter.
- Make us the Charity of Your Company's Choice.
- Donate a percentage of invoiced sales on Indigenous Literacy Day or hold a fundraising event during the year.
- Ask for gold coin donations at publisher events, book launches, staff meetings or conferences.
- Encourage your customers and bookclubs to participate in the the Great Book Swap challenge.
- Spread the word by incorporating information about the Foundation (along with an opportunity to make a donation) at industry conferences and trade shows, in presentations to clients, at schools and libraries.
- Link us on your social media.
- Demonstrate your support to others by including campaign messages on your sales receipts, invoices and in mail outs or by putting a link to this site on your website.
- Use the campaign as a team building and fundraising opportunity within your workplace.
Please let us know what you are planning to do to support this important initiative. The Indigenous Literacy Foundation would like to help generate local support if we can.
To each and every company, and to the many individuals within them, THANK YOU for helping make a difference.
We would particularly like to acknowledge:
- PEARSON AUSTRALIA GROUP for their enormous 2012 financial contribution, interest and continued support for fundraisers
- ALLEN & UNWIN for their lifetime financial and in-kind support with artwork, fundraisers and venues for our events
- HARPERCOLLINS for their generous support with publicity and marketing
- HACHETTE AUSTRALIA for their continued support and donation of a percentage of their book sales on Indigenous Literacy Day 2014 and 2015
- PAN MACMILLAN for publishing The Naked Boy and the Crocodile
- RANDOM HOUSE for their assistance with distribution
- NATIONAL LIBRARY OF AUSTRALIA for the many events, fundraisers and support
- SIMON & SCHUSTER for the sponsorship of Grug Learns to Read
- FREMANTLE PRESS for their advocacy & long-term support
And to our many publishers who have supplied books at cost or greatly discounted rates and helped us send them out to communities. See the full list of publishers who support our cause.