The Indigenous Literacy Foundation works as an initiative of the Australian Book Industry with the support of:
Thank you to the Australian Booksellers Association who has provided invaluable expertise and support, and to all members of the book industry who have supported the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
We invite you to help us continue to put books into the hands of kids in remote Indigenous communities. REGISTER TODAY and we'll put a link to your bookshop's website and logo up in our participating bookshop section.
Indigenous Literacy Day
Wednesday 7 September 2016
Take part in our biggest fundraising and advocacy day! Here are a couple of ways you can help:
- Display a donation box and flyers on the counter
- Ask for a gold coin donation at events
- Ask for a gift wrapping donation
- Host a Great Book Swap
- Donate a percentage of your sales
Stock our Community Literacy Projects
We have a huge range of wonderful books that have been created as part of our Community Literacy Projects.
The ILF has published and founded 42 community books to date, 11 in Indigenous language.
We will be updating our 2016 catalogue very soon.
Help us spread the word
- Include stories about the ILF in your newsletter
- Request our logo and display it on your website
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter and follow our stories on social media
- Get involved with the local community to host a fundraiser or trivia night, or encourage bookclubs and schools to host Great Book Swaps!
- Let us know how we can support you!
Request a donation box
Please allow three to five days for the order to be processed